I’m no better than anyone else at keeping new years resolutions.
But I’m a compulsive list-maker and I can’t quite handle the thought of entering the new year without making some kind of list of things to do. So I made a list of fun things to do in 2015.
There’s 12 of them so I have around 1 per month which is about how often I say I’m bored, everything is boring, there’s nothing to doooooo. I’ve listed them here for future reference, but this is absolutely not a checklist, they’re in no particular order, and I don’t intend any self-improvement.
- See a musical. (This one is cheating because I have tickets to see Les Miserables with friends next week.) (done!)
- Bake bread.
- Walk some more of the Via Francigena.
- Go to Barcelona for a weekend.
- Go swimming. (done!)
- Get some photos printed and make an actual physical off-my-harddrive display of them.
- Host a dinner party.
- Go to the mountains (for winter sports or hiking or drinking hot chocolate; I’ll leave that open). (does Como count, even if it’s in hills rather than mountains?)
- Knit a hat.
- Make and listen to a playlist of all the ridiculous 90s pop music I haven’t heard for years.
- Go to the cinema. (This is non-trivial in a city with only one cinema that regularly shows original sound movies.)
- Visit the Museo Pietro Micca, which is apparently very cool and somehow I still haven’t been there. (done!)
Happy New Year everyone!