Hi! If we haven’t met before, I’m Zoe. I’m an Australian in my late 20s, but for the past four years I’ve been living in Turin, Italy, where I work as a physicist. Before that, I lived in Glasgow, Scotland for a year, and before that I was alternating between Perth, Australia and Florence, Italy semi-frequently. I first tried my hand at blogging back then, to share stories from my travels when I was moving around every few months — hence the title!
These days, I still write about visiting new places, but more about everyday life as an expat. A lot of my posts could probably start with “I sometimes think I understand my life, and then…”
While I’m not exactly a “travel blogger”, I do have a vague goal to write at least one post about each country I’ve visited… eventually… To keep me honest, here’s an alphabetical list of countries I have visited (“visted”=slept in at least 1 night). I’ve included some commentary.
- Australia (“home”?)
- Austria: Vienna. They have no kangaroos.
- Belgium: Brussels, Bouillon
- China: 22 hours in Beijing
- Croatia: Zagreb, Split/Trogir, Zadar
- England: Before you nationalists point out that not all of Britain is “England”, I have included Scotland and Wales as their own entries on this list and even written posts about them :-) (which is more than I’ve done for England, sorry English nationalists!)
- Estonia: Tallinn, Tartu
- Finland: In/around Helsinki
- France: Paris (cliche!), Nice, Grenoble, the Alps except on the french rather than the italian side
- Germany: Nuremberg, Heidelberg, Frankfurt, Tuebingen, Munich, Dusseldorf
- Hong Kong
- Italy: Living in Turin and travelling around
- Ireland: I feel cheeky including this because it was an overnight at an airport hotel in Dublin during an unexpected stop-over due to electrical problems on the plane. There was, however, an Irish dancing contest for teenagers being hosted at the same hotel so I will call it a cultural experience.
- Latvia: Riga
- Malaysia: A highschool Indonesian language class trip, and more recently a long layover in KL while travelling between Italy and Australia.
- New Zealand: a wonderful finshed-undergrad-studies, first-time-overseas-as-an-adult holiday. Must go back, no idea when.
- Norway: A weekend in Oslo
- Scotland: Glasgow (living for a year), Isle of Arran
- Slovenia: Lakes Bled and Bohinj, Velika Planina, a few waking hours in Ljubljana
- South Korea: Seoul
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Switzerland: Zurich
- Wales: spent a week driving around,
I really should write about this soon!I made a post
- The US: Texas, Arizona, amtrak (trains are their own state, ok?), Colorado, New Orleans, San Francisco