Last summer I spent just under a week driving around Wales.
- To get it out of the way… Number of times it rained (during the day): 1, lightly, and I was driving at the time
- Number of times I got sunburnt: 1
- Number of times swum in the sea: 3
- Number of other people seen swimming in the sea, per occasion: 2; a dozen; 0.
- Number of people commenting on my insistence on swimming: 2 plus an estimated 10 odd looks.
- Number of times I loitered next to a Barclay’s bank to use the free wifi: 9
- Number of towns I passed through whose names I cannot pronounce: at least 20
- Number of metres altitude gained going up Mt Snowdon on the Llanberis Path: 975
- Number of coffees drunk during the trip: 4
- Number of cups of tea: 10
- Number of packets of paracetamol bought at a fraction of what they’d cost in Italy: 8
- Number of items bought at a charity shop in Cardigan: 2 (1 book, 1 tshirt)
- Number of days I wish I’d spent in Wales: at the minimum, an extra week. Next time!